Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
3M feels that this can only happen in Maharashtra… no other state will tolerate such nonsense!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Friday, June 26, 2009
3M wonders if Marathi movies don’t run in Multiplexes and single screen theatres don’t want to show them… Marathi Manoos will have to stick to Zee Marathi & Star Pravah!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
3M recollects the stories of “Aravalicha Vetoba”… something that all Konkani kids hear from their grandmoms!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
So next time a Gujarati friend asks you what have Marathis contributed to Mumbai… show him this post!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Civil Aviation ministry has finally given a go-ahead to MMRDA for an iconic tower at Wadala in Mumbai… But MMRDA seems to have misplaced priorities… should it not be investing in developing infrastructure? Can we finish the simple metro and monorail projects before we take this flight of fancy? Even pothole-free road will do for a change!
3M wonders if the name of this tower will be CST – Chhatrapati Shivaji Tower?
Friday, June 19, 2009
So all those ‘half baked’ Maharashtrians like 3M, 2 organisations are trying to revive Marathi… one in Pune and one in USA! While Aksharbharati has arranged for free Marathi Classes in Pune… Brihan Maharashtra Mandal has tied up with Bharti Vidyapeeth to teach Marathi in 46 Centres across USA.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Mumbai is successful because it rewards merit… irrespective of the person’s origins... Not because of any single community!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Two decades back when 3M was seeking admission in FYJC @ Mithibai College, the situation was reverse… the SSC guys would score better than the ICSE/ CBSE types. Hence the later would get grace marks to even out the inequality… surprisingly Shiv Sena didn’t protest at that time!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
3M is sure that given the fact that the community has done a fabulous job when they resurrected the Saifee Hostipal… this will be a well planned project.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
दिसलीच पाहीजे सगळया दुकानांवर मराठी भाषेतली पाटी
बसायलाच हवी होती अशीया दादा लोकांवर मराठीपणाची काठी
दूर केलीच पाहीजे हीत्या लोकांची दमदाटी
आता फुटली आहे मराठीपणाच्या सहनशीलतेची पाटी
ही राज नीती खरंच नाही बरं का मराठी मतांसाठी
हा तर खरा आवाज आहे मराठी अस्तित्वासाठी
बोलतंय कुणीतरी आता मराठी माणसासाठी
राज तर पुकारतोय लढा मराठीच्या रक्षणासाठी
पाहा सगळ्या क्षेत्रात काय झाली आहे मराठी माणसाची गोची
रोजच्या रोज माणसे येवून येवून मुंबई भार सहन करेल तरी किती?
मुंबईच काय, ते तर शिरलेत आता मुळा मुठा नदीच्याही काठी
द्या सगळे मिळून लढा मराठी मातेच्या गुदमरलेल्या जीवासाठी
त्यासाठी आपण विजयी करायलाच हवी ही 'राज'नीती
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Friday, June 12, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Balasaheb Thackeray’s father – Keshav ‘Prabodhankar’ Thackeray was a social reformer and one of the initiators of the ‘Samyukta Maharashtra Chalwal’. Before that, he was at the forefront of the ant-Brahmin movement in Maharashtra. Surprisingly, his grandsons have taken pro-Brahmin stance… Raj has defended Babasaheb Purandare against ‘Maratha Chauvinism’ while Uddhav has castigated the Maratha lobby for ‘trying to change history’.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
But away from this lip service, Resul ‘Slumdog’ Pookutty is actually contributing towards improvement of Marathi Film Industry… his way of giving back to the state which nurtured him… indeed the kind of ‘migrant’ Maharashtra needs!
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
1. Sharad Pawar (68) NCP 0
2. Bal Thackeray (82) SS 0
3. Ashok Chavan (50) INC 0
4. Raj Thackeray (39) MNS +3
5. Chhagan Bhujbal (60) NCP -1
6. Gopinath Munde (59) BJP -1
7. Uddhav Thackeray (48) SS -1
8. Vilasrao Deshmukh (63) INC 0
9. Narayan Rane (56) INC 0
10. Nitin Gadkari (60) BJP +2
11. Ajitdada Pawar (49) NCP -1
12. R R Patil (52) NCP -1
13. Praful Patel (53) NCP 0
14. Murli Deora (71) INC +3
15. Gurudas Kamat (51) INC +3
16. Prakash Ambedkar (51) RPI -1
17. Ramdas Athavale (55) RPI -3
18. Vinay Kore (37) JSP -2
19. Sushilkumar Shinde (66) INC 0
20. Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil (76) INC 0
21. Manohar Joshi (71) SS 0
22. Vijaysingh Mohite Patil (64) NCP 0
23. Vinod Tawde (45) BJP 0
24. Sadashiv Mandlik (76) IND (New Entry)
25. Supriya Sule (39) NCP (New Entry)
IND – Independent
JSS – Jana Surajya Shakti
Movement on the MahaPol ladder –
0 : Zero indicates that there has been no change in the ranking over the previous month.
+X : Plus indicates improvement in ranking over last month and ‘x’ indicates how many ranks he/ she has moved upwards.
-X : Minus indicates degradation in ranking over last month and ‘x’ indicates how many ranks he/ she has moved downwards.
To understand the methodology used for the ranking click here.The figure in bracket indicates the age of the politician.
- MNS vote share in Mumbai is next only to Congress as they were able to pocket almost 2/3rd of Shiv Sena’s votes. In addition MNS was the leading party in 10 assembly segments. All these developments have propelled Raj Thackeray to number 4 position.
- Due to the poll debacle of NCP, Ajitdada and RR Patil have slipped two positions (leading to Gadkari’s rise)… but Sharad Pawar and Praful Patel have retained their ranks as they were able to get their earlier portfolios at the centre.
- Murli Deora shoots up 3 steps of the ladder on two counts. His son was able to retain his seat even after lackluster performance and stiff competition. Secondly, Deora was able to retain his portfolio when other “over the hill” ministers were shown the door.
- The other Mumbai congressman – Gurudas Kamat also got a 3 point boost due to his unexpected win and entry into the central cabinet.
- Ramdas Athavale has been pulled down 3 steps due to his defeat… while the other Dalit leader, Prakash Ambedkar has come down one step inspite of his defeat as he was not a sitting MP.
- Inability to show their prowess in the elections has thrown Jayant Patil and N D Patil out of the Mahapol list.
- Two new entrants in the list… Sadashiv Mandlik the sitting MP from Kolhapur was denied the ticket by Sharad Pawar in favour of Chhatrapati Shahu, Scion of the local royalty. Mandlik rebelled to fight and win the election. Supriya Sule finally makes it to the list as she starts reasserting herself in the Pune region… overruling Ajitdada at times!
MahaPol can be directly contacted on email@example.com